I managed to find a couple of tubes of acrylic paint hiding at the back of a drawer, and have been able to start work on the stone areas. Still a long way to go here: I’m not really happy with how much the black undercoat shows through, and it’s still a bit too monochrome. I think I need some orange-brown and green washes (stains from rusty water, lichens and moss) to soften it a bit.

I also found a few leftover Hirst Arts pieces while searching for paint, and have added some fountains to the lower level. They bring a bit more detail to that area, helping balance the sparse dock and the super-detailed backdrop. It’s always nice finding a home for spare parts I’ve been hoarding for a rainy day, though it does tend to validate my “never throw anything away, ever” hoarder philosophy…

There are currently no comments.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.