Shadespire FAQ 1.2
The second FAQ for Shadespire has just been released, and can be found here.
No major surprises in this one – mostly just further clarifications on some wording. The Sepulchral Guard’s “raise two figures” rules still trigger if it’s the same figure being returned multiple times, which helps with Battle Without End and the Warden’s Inspire condition. The extra action from Time Trap can’t be used for anything you’d otherwise be prevented from doing (e.g. Charge with a model that’s already made a Move action). Now that there are a few cards out there that trigger at the same time, the Sequencing rules from the Errata document are also becoming more important.
Some quick Imperial Assault figures
These are a couple of figures from FFG’s Imperial Assault boardgame, which I’ll be trying out a first game of tomorrow. I generally don’t paint soft-plastic boardgame figures (low detail, lots of mould lines, bendy plastic parts), but decided to try getting some colour onto a couple of potential characters.
Total painting time for these two was a couple of hours. I applied some base colours on a day that, in hindsight, was far too hot for painting – the paints almost dried right on the brush. The next night, I added some highlights and details.
Mould lines were worst on Murne Rin (the blue-clad Ithorian) – the medical droid (MHD-19) was a pretty clean cast. Now that I’ve started experimenting with that style of painting, I’m enjoying trying it out more often: there’s lots of benefit from muscle-memory practice, and it’s helping me decide how to map out light and shade across a model.
Alaitoc Wraithlord WIP
This is a quick look at what’s on my desk at the moment. I decided to try out some new techniques on the allied Alaitoc detachment I’m painting for this year’s Arc40k tournament next month, as I’ve always liked the mottled blue armour from the studio colour scheme.
I’ve used a few different P3 paints for these: basecoat is Exile Blue over a black undercoat. I’ve used a bit of sponge to stipple on Cygnar Blue Base, and some Underbelly Blue (mixed with a bit of Cygnar base) to get the mottled patterning.
I picked out the edges of the armour with the same Underbelly mix, and also used it as a glaze to highlight the upper surfaces of curved armour areas. Once that was done, I glazed the whole surface with some Cygnar base to bring some more of a rich blue hue back to it.